Re: Etch timeline is unrealistic because non-free firmware is NOT being dealt with

Hello,

On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 09:32:11AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> These are fine words, but how do you think they can translate into reality ?
> We don't currently have the ressources to do it the way it should be done, and
> evne if we did, the deficiencies of d-i will make the work we do useless.

Sven, can you please finally STOP flaming against the debian-installer team,
thank you.

> But then, you could help, and put your actions where your mouth is, by
> helping in the elaboration of an exhaustive list of such problematic firmware
> hexdumps, together with their licencing conditions, their copyright holder,
> and a summary of what the module is good for.

I agree, everyone who wants to see the firmware issue solved should
either start doing something about it or be silent.

here is an outdated wiki document, where to start with:

http://wiki.debian.org/KernelFirmwareLicensing

Best regards
Frederik Schueler

--