Re: RFC on gnome-python-extras circular build-dep

On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 02:47:02PM +0200, Loïc Minier wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 05, 2006, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > Is 2) only an issue of users of testing/unstable, or also of stable?
> > Anyways, this seems the least worse to me also, but I'm a bit
> > disconneted right now, so perhaps wait for other people's input as well.

>  I'm not sure on how you imagine it could affect stable.

It affects stable in the sense that there are packages in sarge which depend
on python-gnome2 expecting this to provide the various -extras interfaces.
So yes, this is a "stable" issue, and just dropping the dependency would be
a problem for etch because it would break the partial upgrade path.