Re: please remove passivetex from testing

> On Don, 12 Jan 2006, Steve Langasek wrote:
>> However, gstreamer0.8 has a build-dependency on it, and I think we might
>> miss that.  Do you have a solution for gstreamer0.8?
>
> I could do the following: Take the sources from texlive (where
> passivetex was excluded due to its existence in debian) and try to fix
> the passivetex packages. It shouldn't be too complicated, but probably
> would be a complete rewrite of the scripts/rules.
>
> Would this be ok for NMU?

It would also be a new upstream release, I guess (at least current
upstream has a "tests" subdirectory, while the Debian package has
"examples" instead).  I don't think this would be good for an NMU,
rather for a takeover.  Which I wouldn't mind, if you want to take the
task.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster