please remove passivetex from testing (was: passivetex: destroys local configuration)

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> The package has two serious bugs, and some normal ones:

I was about to create a patch for the package, but I discovered more
issues.  Most notably, the Makefile in the example directory fails
because it cannot find a file "tei.xsl", which does not exist in the
source package or anywhere in Debian (main).  Thus it seems the package
is not even functional.

Given that

- The package has 2 RC bugs without maintainer reaction, one of them for
  more than 2 months

- and one normal without maintainer reaction (after it has been assigned
  to passivetex), and no action at all for 2 years

- passivetex seems to have functionality problems (see above, and the
  normal bug's log mentions that xmlto wants to switch away from
  passivetex)

- No package Depends on it, and only one (xmlto, see above) Suggests it,
  and one Recommends it (xmltex) it,

I suggest to remove the package from testing.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich