Re: the gmp hint, finally

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 02:37:14AM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> OK.  I think we can get the gmp hint to go through soon.
> I emailed debian-gcc asking for gcj to be built on mips and mipsel;
> it appears to be an obsolete exclusion, as it's supported succesfully upstream
> now.  With that done, kaffe should build on all architectures.

Right, well, we all know that story.  kaffe is ready to go in tomorrow, now
that the sparc binaries are uploaded and the mips* binaries are removed.

> Once that's done, the only remaining problem package I know about is 'hmake';
> the rest of the Haskell packages (and zinc-compiler) are handled (though
> they might need some urgency bumps).  Since 'hat' has been removed from etch
> and nhc98 is being removed from unstable, 'hmake' can safely be removed from
> etch (no further reverse depends) and can go back in once a new version is
> uploaded.

> remove hmake/3.09-3

Yes, this has been done now that gcc-4.0 itself is ready.  hmake/3.10-1 is
now in unstable as well, but also requires an ftpmaster to remove some
old binaries before it's a candidate for testing.

> So this requires a new GCC upload and possibly a new kaffe upload.  After
> those are done and the hint is updated with the correct version numbers,
> we should be able to at least get an attempted run in update_output.txt, and
> see if there's anything else blocking this.

There is.  Have a look.  Please limit recommendations to packages not
already addressed in my updated hints file. :)