Re: proposed fix to allow security support for fai-kernels in sarge (#297811)

Holger Levsen wrote:
> Howto handle security fixes for fai-kernels
>
> fai-kernels uses the kernel-source-2.4.27 and kernel-source-2.6.8 packages.
> If these packages get updated with a security fix, fai-kernels needs to be
> rebuild.
>
> The kernel-image-debs which are included in the fai-kernel package contain
> the kernel abi version in the included packages name. If the abi version
> changes, those abi version number has to be incremented in fai kernels control
> file as well.

Oh great, so we need to consider FAI as another architecture.  Since there
are only two base source packages left over (many thanks to the kernel team),
this should be doable.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect.