Re: which 2.6 kernel will be in sarge?

I have narrow the problems down to i845 (intel graphics chip) and drm
bugs in the kernel. note I say the kernel and not X drivers. This is
because the same X driver works well with a 2.6.8 kernel and 2.6.9,
but it locks sporadically with 2.6.10 and 2.6.11-rc3!!
I don't know what the problem is exactly. I have followed the
recommendations that I have found so far by Googling a lot about the
only errors i get to see during boot. The main recommendation is to
increase the VRAM allowed in the BIOS to 8mb (which I have done).
After that the system keeps locking up anyway when X starts. And you
can't get to see any messages on the screen.

If i boot with no X, in dmesg there are interesting errors about DRM
and how agpgart detected 8mb of memory "stolen". Go figure.

I'll try to file bugs as soon as I understand better what the problem
actually is (X problem, driver problem, kernel module problem or the
kernel itself...)