Re: Removal of postgis [was: List of remaining libraries for C++ transition]

On Sat, Nov 26, 2005 at 10:57:02AM +0100, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
> Il giorno mar, 08/11/2005 alle 21.51 -0500, Nathanael Nerode ha scritto:
> > This is just a rundown of what little is left, and why.
> [...]
> > postgis -- Steve Langasek suggested removal
> [...]

> About postgis, the maintainer and I had a lot of problems in getting a
> new version of the package. Moreover we decided to have two versions of
> the package, so we created postgis1 (already in NEW) and postigs0
> (should be uploaded shortly) that will replace postgis.

> The new version is compiled with gcc-4.0 and should fix the transition
> problem. So I hope the release team would remove postgis and accept
> postgis1.

The postgis source package has already been removed from testing.  In
addition, the existing postgis source package is already libpostgis1; is
there a good reason for renaming this source package?

I guess the binary package has changed names from libpostgis1-pg74 to
libpostgis1-pg7.4, and this covers us for the C++ ABI transition?

Thanks,