Removal of postgis [was: List of remaining libraries for C++ transition]

Il giorno mar, 08/11/2005 alle 21.51 -0500, Nathanael Nerode ha scritto:
> This is just a rundown of what little is left, and why.
[...]
> postgis -- Steve Langasek suggested removal
[...]

About postgis, the maintainer and I had a lot of problems in getting a
new version of the package. Moreover we decided to have two versions of
the package, so we created postgis1 (already in NEW) and postigs0
(should be uploaded shortly) that will replace postgis.

The new version is compiled with gcc-4.0 and should fix the transition
problem. So I hope the release team would remove postgis and accept
postgis1.

Bye,
Giuseppe