Re: How to get KDE in: total analysis

On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 01:22:53PM -0500, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> Steve Langasek wrote:
> >And without forcing them, this:

> >> force kdeaddons/4:3.4.2-2.1

> >will not work because a force hint will not cause consideration of packages
> >which britney eliminates due to dependencies.
> In the end, kdeaddons should most likely be force-hint forced into testing
> along with the rest of KDE,

No, this *will not work*.

> But it's your call.

It isn't.  I've already said that britney doesn't allow it; there is no way
to get kdeaddons updated without also dragging in a buggy set of toolchain

> GCC-4.0 itself is actually in relatively good shape.  The two grave bugs are
> clearly upstream bugs which haven't been reported upstream (?!?).  I sent the
> requisite nags to the bug trails.

I fail to see how sending nagging mails is "requisite".  I don't even see
how it's helpful.  You obviously know where the upstream bug systems are;
wouldn't it be more helpful to take the initiative and forward these bug
reports yourself?

- --
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (GNU/Linux)