Re: sidplay tangle (vs. kde tangle)

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 08:44:24PM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> So the two different versions of sidplay are tied together due
> to xmms-sid.  xsidplay ties libsidplay to arts and Qt,
> while gst-plugins0.8 ties it to arts, flac -- and liboil, which is
> FTBFS on powerpc.

> remove gst-plugins0.8/0.8.8-3

Not possible, or desirable; this is a fairly central part of GNOME.

Worst case is to instead selectively break whatever binary package is caught
up in this, but that's always an option of last resort.

> remove xsidplay/1.6.5.2-2
> easy libsidplay/1.36.59-4, mp3blaster/1:3.2.0-7, sidplay-base/1.0.9-5
> xmms-sid/0.7.4+0.8.0beta14-2 sidplay-libs/2.1.1-3 sidplay/2.0.9-2

> Alternatively,
> * everything above except gst-plugins0.8 can be thrown into the KDE hint,
> while removing gst-plugins0.8
> * or everything above can be thrown in, plus liboil

liboil needs fixed regardless, so let's start there with getting a bug at
least filed about the build failure.

If that doesn't move, the second best option is to break gstreamer0.8-swfdec
by updating gst-plugins0.8 along with the other packages, but without
liboil.