Re: mpich C++ transition status

On 2005-09-26 Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com> wrote:
> Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> writes:
>> On Sat, Sep 24, 2005 at 02:32:56PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
>>> Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:
[...]
>>> mkdir -p debian/tmp/usr/bin
>>> cd $(dirname $(find -name lamclean -perm +u+x -type f
[...]

>> Yeah, that'll be that crazy upstream findutils change that breaks -perm
>> +foo in the name of POSIX..  According to the thread on debian-devel, the
>> new syntax is apparently -perm /foo. :P

> Lovely!  But I've just upgraded, and still can't get find locally
> which follows this syntax.  Is this change final?

Short version: Use -perm -u+x
Long version: /perm is iirc broken in 4.2.24, and +perm is broken both
in 24 and 25, with 25 matching too little and 24 matching too much.
#329358
       cu and- wondering how you could end up with .24 on a fresh
               installation -reas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"