Re: mpich C++ transition status

Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:

> However, there is one catch.  hdf5 also got pulled into this migration
> due to its dependency on the mpich package.  This has already been fixed
> in the version in unstable, but that means that hdf5's dependencies will
> all also have to be ready to go.  That, unfortunately, pulls in a ton of
> other packages.  Here's the full list that have not yet been
> transitioned.

> Source: kmatplot
> Source: plplot
> Source: pytables
> Source: r-cran-hdf5
> Source: semidef-oct
> Source: statdataml
> Source: octave-gpc (contrib)

I have submitted RC bugs against all of these, with the exception of
kmatplot which already has two other RC bugs and isn't in testing.  I'm
making the assumption that by the time kmatplot is ready for testing, it
will have been uploaded again and this problem will already be fixed.

I've also filed an RC bug against lam reporting the FTBFS on m68k and
asking the maintainer to try reducing the optimization level on that
platform.  I took a quick look at the source package and didn't see a
simple way of doing that, so I didn't provide a patch.  If the maintainer
needs help with it, I'll take a closer look.

I have not filed RC bugs on lam's reverse-depends yet, since they
shouldn't be uploaded until lam has been built on all platforms.