Re: Coordinating upload of teTeX-3.0 to unstable

Hi Frank,

* Frank K?ster (frank@debian.org) [050726 10:30]:
> with the next upload (scheduled for today) of teTeX-3.0 to experimental,
> I think we have only cosmetic issues left before we can upload it to
> unstable.

That sounds good, thanks.

> b) More severely, tetex-bin is a build-dependency of many packages.
>    While I think that our packages do not contain major bugs, I would be
>    surprised if the upgrade did not reveal bugs in packages that use it,
>    causing some to FTBFS.  We've had such cases a year ago when we
>    changed internals of tetex-bin and found that certain packages messed
>    with them during build or installation.

Currently, we have (at least) two large transitions at our hands:
1. gcc-4.0/glibc
2. xorg

I really would be happy if we can avoid that tetex becomes part of any
of these transitions. That means for me, in doubt don't upload tetex
to unstable right now.

Cheers,
Andi