Coordinating upload of teTeX-3.0 to unstable

Dear release team,

with the next upload (scheduled for today) of teTeX-3.0 to experimental,
I think we have only cosmetic issues left before we can upload it to
unstable.  Before doing this, however, I'd like to notify you, so that
you have a chance to yell out "no!".  There are two problem areas where
tetex might interfere with other packages:

a) libkpathsea: It has a new soname, and I have not checked at all
   whether this causes problems in compiling other packages.  I do not
   expect, however, big problems with that because of two reasons: First
   of all, only a limited number of packages (and no libraries if you
   don't count the libkpathsea-perl perl module) with a limited scope on
   TeX depend on it.  Second, without looking it up, I assume that most
   or even all packages in Debian that depend on it are also part of
   TeX-live, where compilation and runtime problems should have revealed
   themselves.

b) More severely, tetex-bin is a build-dependency of many packages.
   While I think that our packages do not contain major bugs, I would be
   surprised if the upgrade did not reveal bugs in packages that use it,
   causing some to FTBFS.  We've had such cases a year ago when we
   changed internals of tetex-bin and found that certain packages messed
   with them during build or installation.

If nobody objects, I think we will be able to do an upload next week.

TIA, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich