Re: RFFE: portmap 5-11

On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 02:45:14PM +1000, Anibal Monsalve Salazar wrote:
> >I agree with Joey here. I meant to have that improvement on sarge but now I
> >see that my postint needed a lot of improvement. The changes introduced by
> >Anibal have made the situation worst, by adding a new configuration file
> >you've forced an unnecesary deviation from sarge (/etc/default/portmap) to
> >sid (/etc/portmap.conf).
>
> RC bug #305505 was a direct result of your patch, it isn't your
> fault anyway.

It is my fault. I should have tested it properly and should have introduced
the changes I commented in my mail. I'm open to helping you fix the bugs
introduced with the file change if you agree that the configuration file
change should be reverted (i.e. /etc/default/portmap instead of
/etc/portmap.conf). If so, the change should be reverted as soon as
possible (probably going back to -10 and fixing the RC bug there)

Regards

Javier