Re: different packages should enter Sarge

On Sat, May 28, 2005 at 02:22:49PM +0200, Laszlo Boszormenyi wrote:
> There are some package that need attention:
> 1) Please remove metalog from Sarge; I am the
>    maintaner of it, and do not feel that it is
>    mature enough for the release.

Removed, thanks.

> 2) Please let neon enter Sarge as it contains only
>    changes to control, copyright and changelog expect
>    an one liner of source change, which reverts a
>    change back to 0.24.7.dfsg-0.2 . I am not a security
>    expert, but the addition of OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms()
>    to the ne_ssl_context_create() function by me (see #285591)
>    was a mistake and may cause a problem. This is seconded by
>    upstream, Joe Orton (a RedHat employer); see the bugreport.

Right, approved after verifying that the complementary fix has made it into
tla.

> 3) Updated kernel-patch-grsecurity2 with spelling corrections
>    of README.Debain, updated the documentation that one should
>    use a vanilla kernel source (see #310577). It _may seems_ to be
>    a new release, but it _isn't_. I just also removed the old patches
>    which apply to a kernels with security bugs, and updated the diff
>    offsets for 2.6.11.11 in the latest release (no changes to the patch
>    itself).  The .diff.gz just would have been huge, that's why I had to
>    do a seems-to-be-new .orig.tar.gz . I haven't uploaded it until
>    it is allowed. Available at http://www.barcikacomp.hu/debian/ .

Well, please go ahead and upload; even if it doesn't get approved, it sounds
like you would want this in the archive anyway, yes?

> 4) I would like to update gradm2 with a new Czech debconf translation.
>    Can I upload it to testing-proposed-updates?

Yes, that should be fine.

Thanks,
--
Steve Langasek