Re: libcwd/non-free

also sprach Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org> [2005.05.23.2325 +0200]:
> You can either file a bug against ftp.debian.org and request removal
> of the other architectures or build them yourself (looks easily
> buildable on the debian.org machines because of the light build depends).

I did request this, but I may have done so by email to
ftpmaster@debian.org. I cannot find a reference in the BTS.

The message <20041206230717.GA24040@cirrus.madduck.net> I sent to
ftpmaster@debian.org was:

Could you please drop support for all but the i386 arch from all
packages generated by libcwd/non-free? I thought this is to be done
in debian/control, but jvw raises a good point:

  00:02 < jvw> anyway -- ask to have the architectures dropped that you don't
              want to support
  00:03 < madduck> jvw: don't i have to do that in debian/control?
  00:03 < jvw> madduck: well, they _can_ build, can't they?
  00:03 < madduck> yes, they can.
  00:03 < jvw> so, if a porter decides he wants to support libcwd on his favorite
              arch, you shouldn't deny that to him
  00:04 < jvw> you just ask ftp-master to drop the arches you can't support

  Thank you!

> Regardless of our decision this will have to be dealt with first.

ftpmaster is on CC, and I also filed a bug.

> > Since non-free will also have a sarge component and 0.99.37 has many
> > critical bugs that 0.99.39 fixes, I herewith request for libcwd to
>
> Could you please identify them for us? But honestly, the diff looks to
> big to let that in now.

Well, it's been waiting there for 210 days now!

Apart, all those bugs were fixed upstream (the author is *very*
prompt and active), and none have gone through the BTS. Do you
really need me to list them?

`. `'`

"anyone who is capable of getting themselves made president
 should on no account be allowed to do the job"
                                                      -- douglas adams