Re: cacti and mysql

hey steve,

On Sun, May 15, 2005 at 09:53:41PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> Mmm, as correct as that might be in principle, I'm afraid that looks like
> too large of a change to make to the package at this late date.

while interdiff may look big, basically all i've done is remove the
included adodb directory, and changed the config file to include the
adodb config file from libphp-adodb's location instead.  like i said
earlier, there was no dependency change, as cacti already depended on
libphp-adodb, so overall effects should be minimal.

also, i think in the long run not doing so could cause its own set of
problems if adodb ends up having any security related bugs, for example.
honestly i think it would be a very good idea to let this through,
but obviously it's your call.

> FWIW, one thought I had was that you could check for a symlink in a preinst,
> save the information about the link target somewhere under /var/lib/, and
> recreate it in the postinst if it gets lost due to upgrade issues.

yeah, this is actually what we're doing.  for some reason the fix isn't
working for woody mysql-server -> mysql-server-4.1 though, which is what's
holding things up.

	sean