Re: [Fwd: bacula_1.36.3-1_i386.changes ACCEPTED]

Steve Langasek wrote:

>> The only other option i have is to backport all of the changes to
>> 1.36.2...
>

> Well, no; the option would be to backport the *release-critical*
> fixes to 1.36.2, and upload just those fixes to
> testing-proposed-updates. (Getting rid of the libmysqlclient10 dep
> would be "pseudo-RC" for these purposes.)

Ok, understood.

>> Yes, there are many changes in the package, due to the fact that
>> the html documentation was removed and replaced by LaTeX
>> sources... which need latex2html(non-free) to build. I have fixed
>> it by removing the requirement on latex2html and generating just
>> PDF documentation for now. This is *much* better than the old
>> one.
>

> They may not seem like "that many changes" to you, but they're way
> too much for the release team to reasonably review.

Well, you could certainly ignore the doc changes, and i can refine the
changes so that reviewing got easier (that is, remove all of the code
which does not get into the binary packages from the diff and provide
a "clean", commented changeset). Just tell me and i will produce it if
it will ease your work
(it might even become Policy thereafter ;) )

> The release team's time is a finite resource, and it needs to be
> focused on addressing release-critical issues.

Yes, that is clear. And i feel that this discussion is probably taking
up a bit too much of your time (more than i wanted, anyway)... sorry
for that.

A simple, "go ahead, backport the changes and upload a 1.36.2-3 to
testing-proposed-updates" will do... even though i will have to
explain why did Debian ship Bacula-1.36.2 instead to my users :-S
(even if i backport all the changes, it will read '1.36.2')

Bacula-1.36.3 itself is completely stable and already been tested in
production (as confirmed by some of my users). But then, the decision
is not mine.

Simply say what has to be done, and i'll do it.
Thanks for all your good, hard work in getting the release ready, anyway.

Cheers,
    J.L.