Re: [Fwd: bacula_1.36.3-1_i386.changes ACCEPTED]

Steve Langasek wrote:

> Hi José Luis,
>
> On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 02:24:53AM +0200, José Luis Tallón wrote:
>
>> This is to request the new version of Bacula to be included in
>> Sarge. This version fixes several important bugs, most
>> importantly an incompatibility with MySQL-4.1(now it is linked to
>> libmsqlclient12 instead), but also a reproducible crash in
>> "normal operational conditions"; I believe that this fix is very
>> important for our users to be able to normally use this piece of
>> software.
>

> Er...
>
> $ debdiff b/bacula/bacula_1.36.2-2.dsc
> ../../../queue/accepted/bacula_1.36.3-1.dsc | wc -l 1351472 $
>
> Even discounting that the majority of these changes appear to be to
> documentation, leaving only about 8,000 lines of non-doc changes,
> this is really too much to contemplate reviewing during the freeze.

The only other option i have is to backport all of the changes to
1.36.2... but i'm not completely sure if that would be the same (at
least from our users' point of view)

Apart from the fact that upstream applied some of my patches (and then
i had to retouch them -- whitespace related fixes mostly), the rest of
the changes are related to adding "fseeko" support and fixing some
bugs since the release of 1.36.2

Yes, there are many changes in the package, due to the fact that the
html documentation was removed and replaced by LaTeX sources... which
need latex2html(non-free) to build. I have fixed it by removing the
requirement on latex2html and generating just PDF documentation for
now. This is *much* better than the old one.

The rest of the differences...

I have just reviewed the output from debdiff ... there are not that
many changes from what i see...
(line numbers according to my editor :-S)

- - Up until l.109 -- changelog and configure fixes
- - Yet some more robustness for bacula-director-mysql.postinst
afterwards(bug #303111)
- - Doc changes&changelog (until l.598)
- - debian/control changes, to accomodate for libmysqlclient migration
and new documentation building
- - l.633-l.703, manual pages rewritten
- - until l.912, my "updatedb scripts" fixes, accomodating upstream changes
- - some PO changes up to l.1233
- - changes in debian/rules (to accomodate for the new documentation) up
until l-.1278
* Until l.1343591 !!, these are doc changes
- - examples, platform support (FreeBSD, Gentoo, ...)
- - changes to the "Bacula rescue" subproject (which is not included in
my packaging, by the way)
- - BImagemgr (which i don't package [yet] either)
- - From l.1345204 to l....272, couple minor changes in the table
creation routines. Trivial bugfixes.
- - whitespace in src/console/console.c
- - some changes in dird_conf.c, i must admit... but this is to prepare
migration to Bacula 1.37, which is due relatively soon. It also
provides a fix for #306395)
- - job?.c related files: fixing some bugs (crashes) in the previous
version (bug #304531)
- - quite some changes in tray-monitor which i don't [yet] distribute
- - Mostly version changes to files in wx-console
- - and then, yet some more of my changes to the updatedb scripts, to
compensate for the upstream changes (re-apply Debian patches mostly)

* THAT'S ALL FOLKS!

> Also, although I'd love to get rid of libmysqlclient10 for sarge,
> 12 doesn't actually fix the protocol incompatibilities -- you need
> to go to 14 for that. :/

Hmmm... from what i had discussed with my users, libmysqlclient12 did
the trick... i can make it link to libmysqlclient14 and have a new
upload done if needed. libmysqlclient10 will only cause grief here.

Looking forward to hearing from you with instructions on how to proceed.
Thanks for getting the best release of Debian ever out the door.

    J.L.