Upgrading to postgresql bug fix release 7.4.8

Hi Debian release team!

I'm currently fixing some important (and other) bugs in the postgresql
package, which I'd like to see in Sarge. I'll mail the details when
the package is ready, but so far I wanted to ask whether you would
accept the new usptream version 7.4.8 in Sarge? 7.4.8 only contains
critical and important bugfixes, no new features whatsoever (I paste
the changelog below).

I already backported the two big security fixes to 7.4.7-6, but not
the minor one (race condition). If you accept this new version, I do
the new upstream version and my bug fixes in one upload, otherwise
I'll upload my bug fixes first.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

Martin

     * Change encoding function signature to prevent misuse
     * Change "contrib/tsearch2" to avoid unsafe use of INTERNAL function
       results
     * Repair ancient race condition that allowed a transaction to be seen
       as committed for some purposes (eg SELECT FOR UPDATE) slightly
       sooner than for other purposes
       This is an extremely serious bug since it could lead to apparent
       data inconsistencies being briefly visible to applications.
     * Repair race condition between relation extension and VACUUM
       This could theoretically have caused loss of a page's worth of
       freshly-inserted data, although the scenario seems of very low
       probability. There are no known cases of it having caused more than
       an Assert failure.
     * Fix comparisons of TIME WITH TIME ZONE values
       The comparison code was wrong in the case where the
       --enable-integer-datetimes configuration switch had been used.
       NOTE: if you have an index on a TIME WITH TIME ZONE column, it will
       need to be "REINDEX"ed after installing this update, because the
       fix corrects the sort order of column values.
     * Fix EXTRACT(EPOCH) for TIME WITH TIME ZONE values
     * Fix mis-display of negative fractional seconds in INTERVAL values
       This error only occurred when the --enable-integer-datetimes
       configuration switch had been used.
     * Ensure operations done during backend shutdown are counted by
       statistics collector
       This is expected to resolve reports of pg_autovacuum not vacuuming
       the system catalogs often enough -- it was not being told about
       catalog deletions caused by temporary table removal during backend
       exit.
     * Additional buffer overrun checks in plpgsql (Neil)
     * Fix pg_dump to dump trigger names containing % correctly (Neil)
     * Fix "contrib/pgcrypto" for newer OpenSSL builds (Marko Kreen)
     * Still more 64-bit fixes for "contrib/intagg"
     * Prevent incorrect optimization of functions returning RECORD
     * Prevent to_char(interval) from dumping core for month-related
       formats
     * Prevent crash on COALESCE(NULL,NULL)
     * Fix array_map to call PL functions correctly
     * Fix permission checking in "ALTER DATABASE RENAME"
     * Fix "ALTER LANGUAGE RENAME"
     * Make RemoveFromWaitQueue clean up after itself
       This fixes a lock management error that would only be visible if a
       transaction was kicked out of a wait for a lock (typically by query
       cancel) and then the holder of the lock released it within a very
       narrow window.
     * Fix problem with untyped parameter appearing in "INSERT ... SELECT"
     * Fix "CLUSTER" failure after "ALTER TABLE SET WITHOUT OIDS"

--
Martin Pitt              http://www.piware.de
Ubuntu Developer   http://www.ubuntulinux.org