Re: Upgrading to postgresql bug fix release 7.4.8

Hi Martin,

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 09:40:59PM +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
> I'm currently fixing some important (and other) bugs in the postgresql
> package, which I'd like to see in Sarge. I'll mail the details when
> the package is ready, but so far I wanted to ask whether you would
> accept the new usptream version 7.4.8 in Sarge? 7.4.8 only contains
> critical and important bugfixes, no new features whatsoever (I paste
> the changelog below).

> I already backported the two big security fixes to 7.4.7-6, but not
> the minor one (race condition). If you accept this new version, I do
> the new upstream version and my bug fixes in one upload, otherwise
> I'll upload my bug fixes first.

> Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

I don't think there will be time for us to evaluate 7.4.8-2 for sarge.
Could you please provide a backport of the critical fixes and translation
updates only, and upload to testing-proposed-updates?

Thanks,
--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer