Re: Push request: tsclient 0.132-4

Hi Andrew,

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 05:49:43PM +1000, Andrew Lau wrote:
> Hi everyone,

> tsclient 0.132-3 in testing had broken translations due to double UTF-8
> encoded gettext .po files, while VNC support was broken due to
> unsupported password and incompatible depth argument passing to
> non-RealVNC 4 (not in testing) clients.

> tsclient (0.132-4) unstable; urgency=medium

>   * [debian/rules]:
>     - Deflate dependencies via ld's --as-needed option.

Uh, no.  A freeze is not the time to be fiddling with how your binaries are
linked.  If you want the other fixes to get into sarge, please revert this
one and re-upload.

And why did the banners need to be "fixed", given that there's no mention of
this in the changelog?

A few other comments, for future reference:

- when applying a patch like 04_vnc_ignore-depth.patch, it's really far more
  useful to people if you *remove* all the lines instead of putting one
  comment char at the beginning and one at the end, so that one can see by
  looking at the diff what's changed
- when considering patches for translations, you might want to leave out
  parts that do nothing more than add new fuzzy strings for a given language
- I don't know what crack-addled thing po/gr.po is, but even though your
  patch fixes it to actually be UTF-8 encoded, "gr" is still not the ISO
  code for the Greek language, so I think this will never be seen by users
  anyway...

Thanks,
--
Steve Langasek