Re: evolution 2.0.4-2

On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 01:24:47PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:

> - config.sub and config.guess updates look safe enough, but why are these
>   necessary in a security release?

I noticed a couple of mails on the -release list mentioning this.  I
don't know about this particular package but things like this may be due
to the recommendation in autotools-dev (in the section "The outdated GNU
config.{sub,guess} problem and solutions" of README.Debian) that one
automatically update config.{sub,guess} as part of the build if there is
a copy in /usr/share/misc without restoring the original files in the
clean target.  Someone just copying the snippet in there will mean that
even a simple rebuild might cause additional source changes.

I really ought to get round to filing a bug on autotools-dev about that
one...