please consider base-config 2.53.8 (t-p-u)

  * Translations
    - Hebrew translation update (debconf)
  * Joey Hess
    - Rather than ignoring signals in new install, which propigates out to
      child processes such as exim and causes problems, just stty intr ""
      to block ctrl-c from restarting base-config. Left QUIT (^\) at the
      default for power users/the foolish. Of the other previous blocked
      signals, it's probably best it notice HUP, and I don't see any reason
      to block TERM. Closes: #301988
    - Added an echo to the cleanup function for aestetics.
  * Colin Watson
    - apt 0.6.35 changed the capitalisation of 'Normal Packages:'. Cope with
      this.

The signal change has been tested and works. I don't like making such an
intrusive change right now, but as I point out in bug #301988, the bug
barely escapes being release critical, and we probably don't yet know
the full extent of problems it might cause.

--
see shy jo