Re: octave2.1 built but not installed on mips

On Sat, Apr 09, 2005 at 02:02:30PM +0200, Rafael Laboissiere wrote:
> In http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=octave2.1, I see:

>     * octave2.1 is not yet built on mips: 2.1.67-1 vs 2.1.69-1

> However, the octave2.1 package is marked "Built", according to
> http://people.debian.org/~igloo/status.php?packages=octave2.1

> How can a package stay in the "Built" status and take so long to become
> "Installed" for a given architecture?

> (Please, Cc: replies to me.)

"Built" on that page means only that there is a build log for a build that
returned an exit code of 0.  It is still the buildd admin's responsibility
to check that this "exit 0" corresponds to a validly built package; if there
is difficulty ascertaining this, or if something happens that prevents the
build log from reaching the buildd admin, or the buildd maintainer is busy,
a package may sit in "Built" state for a while according to that page.

Also if the buildd sends the build log and then goes off-line, leaving the
admin no way to upload the package, it will be built but not uploaded.

I don't know which applies here; cc:ed to the buildd admin in case he wants
to clarify.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer