Re: geda* to testing without arm?

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 01:31:40PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 07:00:56PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 11:51:42AM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > > If you are indeed relaxing the arm requirement temporarily, could you
> > > push the current geda packages into testing?

> > As these are new upstream versions that may or may not successfully
> > build on arm once they've been tried there, we would only push these
> > into testing if they were needed to fix RC bugs.  Trading a known RC bug
> > in testing for a possible RC build failure is a fair trade that advances
> > the release; trading no RC bugs for the possibility of one is not.  As
> > long as arm is a release candidate, other package updates will have to
> > wait for the arm buildds to catch up.

> Okay, that's quite reasonable.

> When the final freeze for sarge occurs, will time will be allowed for
> the buildd queues to empty?

I think the standard is likely to be "reasonably under control" rather
than "empty".  Given that people have had plenty of time prior to this
point to get releasable packages into testing without arm buildd
problems, there are limits to the latitude I'm willing to grant to "but
this version's *better*" requests once everything's in place for a
freeze.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer