gnupg: new dependencies are ridiculous for some archs

(please CC me as I'm not on the list)

I'm posting this to release as I'd like release managers' opinion on this
before filing an RC bug (especially after noting who the maintainer
is ;-)

I just noticed in an upgrade of my Hercules S/390 emulator that I run for
D-I testing, that gnupg now depends on libusb. libusb in turns recommends
hotplug.

IMHO having a very general, prio standard package and basic command-line
package like gnupg depend on a HW-specific library is broken because
installing random libs like this is very undesirable for arches that
don't even have that HW (in this case USB).

Unless alternative packaging solutions are impossible, I feel this should
be changed.
At least this change is fairly invasive and should not make it into Sarge.
As gnupg is frozen, it won't get in by itself, but...

Cheers,
Frans Pop

(P.S. I googled for "debian gnupg libusb", but did not find any discussion
on this topic.)