Re: lush not getting into testing

[m-f-t -devel, since this is already offtopic on -release]

On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 05:27:38AM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> [The unofficial list at http://people.debian.org/~aba/sarge.html
>  doesn't show any release updates since September, so I'm unable to
>  evaluate which things are on "the list of things that need to happen"
>  and which are not.]

That list is apparantly outdated, because you're a DD you're, I assume,
subscribed to the required debian-devel-announce list, so you've got the
latest release update in your mailbox:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2005/02/msg00010.html

which especially refers to
http://people.debian.org/~vorlon/rc-bugsquashing.html

> I would hope that -release is the right place to discuss how to get
> the release ready; one of the tasks we need is processing of this
> priority important bug.  Release includes the inclusion of new
> packages.  It's not the most important thing, but it is one thing.

It's not something to delay the release over, so it's not relevant on
-release atm, especially since -release can't do anything about it.
-release is *not* a discussion list. Do you really think it's useful to
complain about ftp-master team, something that is being done nearly
continuously anyway? Hint: it's counter-productive[1].

--Jeroen

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2005/02/msg00176.html

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar