Re: lush not getting into testing

On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 03:04:47AM -0800, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> So we are waiting on the ftp team.  It's been over a hundred days, and
> nothing has happened.  It seems extremely likely to me that the bug
> report has been forgotten.  Yet, I've been told that pestering people
> is not the right approach.
>
> What is?

Be patient, and fix some RC bugs. It's a BSP this weekend. Lush hasn't
ever been in stable, and isn't in testing at the moment, so it's a new
package. Of the list of things that need to happen on sarge to make it
release-worthy, the addition of the new 'lush' package is quite low on
the list, it might be nice to have it in sarge, but for an 'extra'
package with 4 users according to popcon it isn't something worth IMHO
of wasting inappropriately much release time over (note that this is
debian-release@l.d.o), especially since -release can't do anything about
it.

There is an open bug, open bugs are not forgotten, lower priority ones
just might take a longer while to get solved.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl