Re: buildd build order [Was: arm buildd holdup?]

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 08:27:53AM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> That's useful to know, but doesn't seem to be correct in the arm case at
> least.
>
> 1. geda-gschem, speex and wipl are all out-of-date.
> 2. geda-gschem, speex and wipl are all priority low.

That's urgency low, and as I said, has nothing to do with it.

> 3. geda-gschem is section electronics.
>    wipl is section net.
>    speex is section sound.
>
> 4. geda-gschem < speex < wipl

Package: geda-gschem
Section: electronics

Package: speex
Section: sound

Package: wipl
Section: net

They're all priority optional, so we move to the section.

The documentation says that section is ordered alphabetically,
however, this is wrong.  There is a list of the section each
having a value.

It's ordered like this:
libs, debian-installer, base, devel, ...,
net, ..., sound, ..., electronics, ...

So we first get wipl, then speex, then geda-gschem.  And this
seems to agree with what you see.

> What's the purpose of sorting by section in the ordering?

They are also an ordering of what is most important.

Kurt