Re: Please prepare for a request to hint shadow

> Of course, given these facts, forget about any hinting for shadow
> until it has been proven that 4.0.3-30.6 does not break base-config
> and thus the installer. Being virtually murdered by joeyh is certainly

I simulated this by "dpkg-reconfigure passwd" after hacking the
passwd.config file so that it does not exit on reconfigures and after
blanking root's password.

Doing so, the root password was properly set as well as the newly
created user password.

This means that chpasswd in passwd 4.0.3-30.6 does NOT seem to break
base-config.

Proving this on a fresh d-i install will be better...I'm working on
it.