Re: Please prepare for a request to hint shadow

Quoting Colin Watson (cjwatson@debian.org):
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 07:36:21AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > chpasswd is not a critical utility, for sure, when compared to other
> > programs in shadow, but we certainly cannot release with it being
> > broken as it is in 4.0.3-30.5
>
> chpasswd is used by passwd.config which is used by base-config, so it's
> as critical as it gets.

Damn, you're of course right (who would doubt?).

4.0.3-30.6 has been uploaded and seems to fix the chpasswd issue

Of course, given these facts, forget about any hinting for shadow
until it has been proven that 4.0.3-30.6 does not break base-config
and thus the installer. Being virtually murdered by joeyh is certainly
the last thing I want to happen to me..:)