Re: Any chance of getting a more recent thunderbird into Sarge?

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 12:48:08PM +1200, Andrew McMillan wrote:
> I notice that the release of mozilla-thunderbird in Sarge is 0.5-4 and
> the current release in Sid is 0.8-2.  Apparently this is blocked by
> being out of date on m68k, and possibly on MIPS - both of these are at
> 0.7.3-6, which is still significantly newer than the release in Sarge.

> Is there anything that can be done to get a newer release in Sarge, or
> is it just going to take a few more days?  It would be great if we could
> get 0.8 in there, but even a 0.7.3 would be nice.  I notice that 0.7.x
> and 0.8 do fix various security issues also.

Being current on all architectures the package has previously been built
for is a requirement for getting updates into testing.  I think there is
also a question of whether the mips/mipsel binaries now in unstable are
usable; this is at least the case for mozilla and (IIRC)
mozilla-firefox.

FWIW, there are now current thunderbird packages on mips, and the
package is building on m68k.  The best strategy for getting an update
into sarge is to avoid gratuitous re-uploads of the package.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer