Re: Dual layer DVD

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 08:28:23PM +0000, Joel Baker wrote:
>On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 12:25:29AM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>>
>> Jigdo means that we can do this without eating terabytes of disk space
>> all over the world. To get the DL DVD images pressed will probably
>> take extra preparation work - see my new dvdtape package for details.
>
>This is more or less what I had in mind, other than some vague notion of
>being able to auto-generate the 8.5 image from the pair of 4.7 images;
>of course, jigdo might make that simple (no need to re-fetch most of the
>pieces, only to fetch the filesystem layout bits and re-assemble them in
>the correct combination - if it's that smart).

Yes, it should be quite easy to grab all the bits you need from the 2
smaller ISOs to make the large one, with just the filesystem headers
and directory structure changing. I'm actually working on a script to
make that easier right now...

Support the Campaign for Audiovisual Free Expression: http://www.eff.org/cafe/