Re: Dual layer DVD

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 05:10:14PM -0400, Jay Berkenbilt wrote:

> >  > Suse sells their distribution on dual-sided single-layer DVDs. Maybe
> >  > this is cheaper than two DVDs or one dual-layer.
> >
> >  Or maybe it was just the simplest and cheapest for them.
>
> Maybe this has already been mentioned, but I think it's worth pointing
> out that two single-sided single-layer DVDs are more convenient than
> one double-sided single-layer DVD for people who have more than one
> DVD drive and can therefore have both discs mounted at the same time.
> This doesn't have anything to do with dual-layer DVDs, of course.

Probably so; I was just proposing that we make it possible to generate
images in "easy" increments of 1 DVD layer or 2 DVD layers and let whomever
is doing the burning choose their path based on their own requirements. :)
--
Joel Baker <fenton@debian.org>                                        ,''`.
Debian GNU/kNetBSD(i386) porter                                      : :' :