Re: status of postgresql for sarge?

Oliver Elphick wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-03-07 at 00:19, Colin Watson wrote:
> > > According to Oliver (the primary maintainer) there will be a new
> > > bugfix upstream release soon, which would be a good opportunity to
> > > upload an updated package.
> >
> > It would be very nice to have this update, or an earlier one, well on
> > its way into testing by the time of the projected base freeze (15th
> > March). Its current brokenness is a problem, so if we can avoid waiting
> > for upstream then that would be helpful.
>
> The new upstream package is a bugfix release and is expected within a
> week, but I don't object to uploading the current CVS now.  Martin will
> have to do it, because my new key is still not in the keyring.

Re new upstream package, it would be *very* nice if you would be able
to test and smoothen the upgrade path from woody-pg to sarge-pg (sid-pg)
as well.  I've done a release upgrade before which resulted in a complete
desaster with the daemon not even starting.  I've heard reports from other
people who experienced at lest critical problems with an upgrade as well,
contrary to my hope that my problems were triggered by sunsport or something
less common.

Regards,

	Joey

--