Re: status of postgresql for sarge?

Hi Matthias!

On 2004-03-06 17:14 +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
> postgresql still has one RC report open, which was marked pending on
> 24 Feb by Martin Pitt.

Right, our current CVS fixes some ten bugs, amongst them the RC bug.

> Are there plans to make the pending upload?  When? postgresql
> currently blocks some more packages.

According to Oliver (the primary maintainer) there will be a new
bugfix upstream release soon, which would be a good opportunity to
upload an updated package.

> If the upload is not made ... postgresql had two RC reports, which are
> fixed in unstable (versioned shlibs dependency), and which allowed
> other packages enter testing (libpqxx-2.1.3, pygresql). Is it ok to
> make uploads directly for testing to fix the non-working packages
> (undefined symbols in libpq3 library)?

Is that really possible? Some time ago I asked on d-devel for this
[1], but never really got a satisfying answer. Nevertheless, I would
not dare to put the new postgresql directly into testing. The
automatic upgrading is still broken; a longer-term solution is
progressing, but far from being ready for shipment.

Have a nice weekend!

Martin

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/debian-devel-200309/msg00718.html

--
Martin Pitt                 Debian GNU/Linux Developer
martin@piware.de                      mpitt@debian.org