Re: Suggestion: Release sarge without security support

* David Nusinow (david_nusinow@verizon.net) [041122 20:00]:
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 07:48:13PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > Apart from that, this suggestion is based on the assumption that the
> > current problem with testing-security is due to there not being enough
> > security buildd hosts for some architectures. That is not correct; the
> > problem is that there is no wanna-build database, so /no/ architecture
> > can build stuff for testing-security currently.
> >
> > AIUI, the wanna-build database does not yet exist due to technical
> > difficulties. Unfortunately, however, there is not much information
> > available about that subject to those not directly involved in solving
> > the issue.

> Would a more widespread knowledge of wanna-build and other buildd
> infrastructure help with this sort of thing in the future? It'd be great if the
> people who do understand the problem in detail could let the rest of us know
> what we might do to help streamline to process so it's not a holdup for etch
> too.

This is happening right now. See http://www.debian.org/devel/buildd/ and
people.debian.org/~aba/buildd/

(I fully agree that the information status is not good enough. But - we
are working on that problem.)

Cheers,
Andi
--