Re: Is bug 278820 really release-critical?

On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 09:00:21PM +0100, Santiago Vila wrote:
> On Sun, 31 Oct 2004, Jay Berkenbilt wrote:
> > If the release team agrees or if no one replies to this message within
> > a few days, I'm going to downgrade the bug to important.  Anyway, a
> > non-beta release of vips7.10 is within the next couple of days.  If it
> > makes it in before the freeze, I'm going to request removal of 7.8
> > anyway.
>
> I agree that it's not "severity: critical", but according to
>
> http://release.debian.org/sarge_rc_policy.txt
>
> the package should not be part of sarge, so please do not downgrade
> the bug to a severity lower than "serious".

Indeed, the exact sentence is "If two packages cannot be installed
together, one must list the other in its "Conflicts:" field."

Since downgrading the bug to serious (which is the more appropriate
severity) is more a cosmetic issue I didn't bother ;)

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/