Is bug 278820 really release-critical?

Bug 278820 complains that libvips7.8-tools and deliver both install
/usr/bin/header.  The poster set the severity of this bug to
"critical" justified by its breaking unrelated software.  Although I
agree this bug is very important and must be resolved, I don't think
this is release-critical: libvips7.8-tools doesn't in fact break
unrelated software, though this problem does prevent deliver and
libvips7.8-tools from being installed together.

If I hadn't switched from sendmail to exim, I suppose I would have
caught this myself.

If the release team agrees or if no one replies to this message within
a few days, I'm going to downgrade the bug to important.  Anyway, a
non-beta release of vips7.10 is within the next couple of days.  If it
makes it in before the freeze, I'm going to request removal of 7.8
anyway.

--Jay

--
Jay Berkenbilt <ejb@ql.org>