Re: Request to remove pine-docs from testing and unstable

(Diverted to -devel, as this is offtopic on -release)

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 03:11:31PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
> Hello.
>
> The pine-docs package which I maintain contains a document called
> "Getting Started With Email Using Pine", which is based on pine 3.96
> and it has not been updated since 1997.

If it is still more or less correct and useful, why remove it? I really
don't see why it should be removed, being extended documentation to
software distributed the same way as pine-docs is.

> As the pine package which is distributed in ftp.debian.org is mainly
> for people who is already familiar with pine (otherwise we would be
> using free alternatives like mutt), I think it makes little sense to
> keep pine-docs in the archive. Could it be removed from testing and
> unstable?

Why deprive pine users of documentation for their software? Familiarity
with software doesn't mean one doesn't need documentation with it.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl