Re: The shlibs files of slang1a-utf8 and slang1 in sid specify dependendencies not fullfillable in sarge, although the packages was not uploaded in time for the base freeze.

Hi,

Yes, the version of slang in sarge needs to be bumped to
include the shlibs fix in sid. I'd misread the deadline
as being the last day for uploads to _sid_ rather than the
last day for transitions to _sarge_.

The depends were overly strict; it would be sufficient for >> 2 rather than
>>4.

Unfortunately bug #264080 (filed against whiptail) appears to
be due to changes in slang. I am debugging this now. If a
fix is required to slang, I will upload a new slang to
testing-proposed-updates, otherwise Steve Langasek agreed to
just transition slang to sarge.

Regards
Alastair