Re: remove sim?

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 02:20:14PM +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> Another question about a removal from testing:

> sim

> longstanding RC bug, I couldn't fix it despite trying real hard
> (very akward autotools setup AFAICT), no reaction from
> maintainer. kde-extras would need to drop the recommends on it, but
> since kde-extras is only a meta package with easy dependencies it
> should propagate to testing without problems.

> alternatively one could investigate if the version in testing suffices
> and doesn't suffer from the bug (I doubt it, since it is a "outdated
> libtool" one)

The version in testing has libtool 1.4e in admin/ltmain.sh; the version
in unstable has libtool 1.5.2.  I think it's clear the version in
testing only got in because it was built before libtool's brokenness
became an issue.

Hinted for removal.  Can you file an RC bug against kde-extras about the
unsatisfiable Recommends: ?

Thanks,
--
Steve Langasek