Re: libtiff RC bugs filed

On Sun, Aug 01, 2004 at 08:30:54PM -0400, Jay Berkenbilt wrote:

> One maintainer replied to my message in time stating that his upload
> was prepared and he was just waiting for his sponsor.

Which maintainer was this?  A sponsored MU is always better than an NMU,
so I'd be happy to sponsor an upload if needed.

> At this point, I think that, as a non-DD, there's not much else I can
> do.  I can't really do NMUs because I can't upload.  I could prepare
> NMUs, but they are so trivial that it would take as much time for any
> potential sponsor to just do it on their own.  The only other slightly
> tricky thing to do for each package is to make sure that, when a
> package depends upon something that depends upon libtiff, that all
> those dependencies are fixed first.  That's probably best left to the
> individual maintainers, though I could code something that would
> calculate that if necessary.

Particularly since NMUs will need to follow shortly, any information
that potential NMUers have available to them about the order in which
packages need to be uploaded is likely to save some duplicated effort;
so if you have time to prepare something along these lines, I'm sure it
would be appreciated.

Thanks,
--
Steve Langasek