Re: this bug is RC

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 03:46:29PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> severity 251861 grave
> thanks

> This bug is release crticial: it makes it impossible to install debian
> with the 2.6 kernel.

> We have a patch for the bug, but I don't know if Herbert will be
> avilable to release it. Didn't he quit? So can someone step up and get a
> fixed package into the archive?

> An alternative fix would be to remove kernel-image-2.6.6-1-386 (et al)
> from testing. The 2.6.5 version is still available in testing, and
> works. Since this bug *is* RC, that would be an appropriate response,
> IMHO.

==> remove kernel-image-2.6.6-i386/2.6.6-1

Easily done.  The above hint should take effect with tomorrow's britney
run, with the effect that the 2.6.6 kernel-image packages for i386 will
be removed from sarge at dinstall on the 14th, and will be held out
pending resolution of this RC bug.

Are there any RC issues with the 2.6.5 kernels that warrant keeping a
close watch on this issue going forward?  Are there other architectures
that would be affected by this bug?

Thanks,
--
Steve Langasek