Re: Gnome 2.6 in unstable should be ok now ...

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 02:02:15PM +0200, Domenico Andreoli wrote:
> On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 01:29:06PM +0200, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> > On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 01:01:01PM +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> > > * tests
> > >
> > > Some upgrade tests from "gnome 2.4.1 sarge" to "gnome 2.6 experimental"
> > > have been successfully made. Upgrades from unstable to experimental have
> > > been tested too with success.
> > >
> > > Is there anything else expected from the release team for Gnome2.6
> > > before the upload to unstable or are we ok now ?
> >
> > What about upgrades gnome woody -> gnome 2.6? Seems to me that this is
> > the most important upgrade to test.
> >
> > Of course it's totally optional, but you could also try whether some of
> > the common gnome backports upgrade well, maybe there are only
> > easy-to-solve issues.
>
> just my curiosity, which kind of RC bugs can arise from failing upgrades?

Failing upgrade from last Stable: RC (unless the stable version was so
broken it didn't work in the first place, but that's not the case with
Gnome)

Failing upgrade from some testing/sid version: important at most -- RC
== Release Critical, and testing/sid are not part of a release, so
cannot possibly affect releasability.

Failing upgrade from unoffical package like a backport: wishlist at
most, but a maintainer is fully free to ignore/close that bug,
especially if it has no patch / too interfering patch.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl