Re: Excess copies of libdb

Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> writes:

>> Package: inn2-ssl
>> Package: inn2
>> Package: inn2-inews
> As is this...

Speaking as upstream for INN, the intent of the ovdb overview method in
INN is that it should be able to automatically upgrade the database even
if the database format has changed, provided that the db_upgrade()
mechanism in Berkeley DB can handle it.

(inn2-inews's dependency on Berkeley DB is unfortunate and is a problem
with our build system, or alternately a problem with our library
structuring.  inews doesn't actually call any functions that could
possibly nead the Berkeley DB libraries, but there's no way currently for
the build system to realize that.)