Re: Old RC bugs

tags 238006 sid
tags 229409 sid
severity 227477 important
tags 227477 unreproducible
severity 118201 important
thanks

On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 01:39:44PM +0100, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:

> I compiled a list of all RC bugs older than about one month against
> package versions in testing. Some should perhaps be removed from
> testing, other need a review. Comments and actions welcome.

> remove brahms/1.02-kde3-3
> #235025
> Can please someone look if it really can be reassigned? Else
> remove it

Well, the package was certainly buildable before, packages are present
in the archive on all architectures.  This looks like a libtool-induced
dependency problem in kdemultimedia-dev, yes; bug reassigned.

> remove crm114/20040312-2
> #225146
> Either we decide it is not RC (as it seems no to affect everyone, there
> had to be more noise then...

Bug is waiting for backtrace information from the submitter, and seems
to now be open because of *other* crashes possibly unrelated to those
originally reported; downgrading.

> db3
> #223142, #234507
> db4.0
> #223140
> I know we can't remove them. One of the base problems

It would be nice to see fewer copies of libdb in sarge, in all honesty.
Christian Perrier reported on debian-boot that there are no less than
six versions currently pulled in by packages at priority: standard and
above, which is rather absurd, particularly when two of them have
longstanding RC bugs.

> gnutls7
> #227442

Particularly since this bug is said to affect gnutls10 as well, a
removal doesn't seem feasible here (without pulling out a lot of GPLed
SSL-using code with it).

> remove gpsim-led/0.0.3-11
> #233275 no reaction from maintainer

Hinted for removal.

> remove grunch/1.3-3
> #161523 current version seems not to be ready for stable

Bug has only been severity: serious since 23 Mar 2004; skipping for now.

> remove htdig/3.2.0b5-2
> #231985, #232076, #238006 See myn other post to d-release.
> Maintainer is on it but the current version should probably not be
> released

Bug #231985 seems to already be fixed, I pinged the maintainer for it to
be closed.

Bug #238006 appears to be specific to the version of the package
currently in unstable.

Bug #232076 was filed against a newer version of the package than is
present in testing.  Do you know if the bug affects htdig 3.1.6?

> imagemagick
> #235712 is this really RC?

Already downgraded.

> remove imwheel/1.0.0pre5-2
> #229409, seems easy to fix but in sid there is #232353, so what to
> do?

229409 also must not exist in the version in sarge, given that the
package did successfully autobuild.  Tagged sid for now.

> glibc
> #229461, #230857, #231538, #234691, #234347, #221969,
> #231972, #231438 hmm, does anyone
> know how the glibc development is going on? Anything one can do about
> that?

I understand a glibc upload is planned for Monday.

> libcommons-collections-java
> #232521 perhaps someone can NMU this

Requested an NMU of Arnaud Vandyck; I'm not familiar enough with current
Java practices in Debian to be comfortable NMUing it myself.

> libgnome-pilot2
> #220061 partial patch is there, NMU? but there seem more changes needed

Has evolution as a reverse-depends, so I'm not keen on trying to remove
it; someone could probably help this one along by finishing out a patch
to the upstream build rules.

> libgtkgl2.0-1
> #227477 hmm, downgrade, remove (from unstable), don't know

Can't reproduce this problem here with current X libs.  Downgrading,
tagged unreproducible.

> remove pam-psql/0.5.2-7
> #230875 security bug

Hinted for removal.

> mc
> #231071, really RC ?

Causes data loss, so sounds RC to me.

> remove mergeant/0.12.1-2
> #228893, no progress on this

Hinted for removal.

> remove mirrormagic/2.0.2-5
> #229747, licence issues, should be cleared out before we release this

There appears to be progress in resolving the licensing status; skipping
for now.

> modutils
> #118201, ooold bug but not so long RC, anyone up for a NMU?

I don't see that this bug warrants RC severity, and I definitely don't
see how anyone can claim this is a policy violation.  Downgrading, but
don't let that stop you from NMUing.

> postfix
> #228721, #232715 the latter one seems not to be RC, a RM/RA should
> investigate this and adjust the bug

Deferring to AJ.  I think that at a minimum, if postfix needs to be able
to modify this config file, it should not be a conffile going forward.

<snip>

Leaving the rest for tomorrow (or for someone else to pick up).

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer